Psalm 121 - painting in progress
Psalm 121- painting in progress
This is a watercolor on Strathmore cold press 300gm 9"x12". I am wanting to paint this for a friend of mine who just lost her new husband of only 8 weeks. His favorite scripture (and hers coincidently) is Psalm 121 (1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth...) which I would like to include in the frame. Some of the challenges I am facing are as follows:
1. I'm not sure what to do at the bottom in terms of what kind and size of trees? I have just roughed the bottom in so far.
2. I think I need to have one of the trees cover where the waterfall will come out but not sure of size re: perspective?
3. Not sure about color of river and lake, should it be dark? and does the river need to be a little narrower in the middle of the page?
4. I think the mountain on the right should be a little less steep and have a little less blue?
5. Should mountains remain bare for the most part?
6. I could go on thinking about changes forever...lol.
I am pleased with most of the blending on the mountains and think I did not bad on the perspective. I know I can do a good job on the reflections in the lake if I ever get there..lol. What would I change if I had to do it over? Well, I guess you can tell that this is the way it works for me..lol. I just keep changing until I get what I want. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Enjoy your day! breighdi